In the Sierra de Grazalema Natural Park run a wide variety of paths you will know rich and varied flora and fauna of this corner so beautiful Andalusia.
Sierra de Grazalema Natural Park
White Villages of Cadiz province are distributed around the Sierra Grazalema National Park, along which there are many paths to "get lost" between Nature.
Fabulous natural environment
Ideal for exploring on foot, by bicycle or driving your bike, is declared Integral Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO. It is a spectacular limestone massif with great biodiversity, gorges, caves and rivers, forests of cork oaks and pines.
Perfect for bird watching
The province of Cadiz is at a crossroads between very close continents: Europe and Africa. Hence the great interest offered La Sierra de Grazalema for ornithologists, because it is a resting place for birds migrating from the old continent to the equatorial and vice versa. The environmental elements of the Sierra de Grazalema Natural Park, helped by its climate, facilitate the ornithological study, since, they counted sightings over a hundred different birds, including Egyptian vultures, golden eagles and nesting colony of griffon vulture more largest in Europe. Grazalema region is also an important area in the spring and fall for the large number of migratory birds traveling between Africa and Europe.
To limit the number of visitors entry permits are needed in certain areas. (El Torreón, El Pinsapar, Green Throat and Llano de Ravel). ID or passport number, date of visit, itinerary and number of persons chosen: To request permission the following data are required.
Contact number for Entry Permits
Tel: 956 70 97 33 Visitor Center PN Sierra de Grazalema. (The forest)
By email to the following address: email@example.com
- Pinsapar: 6 hours. Linear. The path begins with a very steep ascent. Home: 2km from Grazalema. End: camping Los Linares in Benamahoma Birth Street. Fantastic views and pinsapar are definitely the highlight of this itinerary. (Alternatively, back from the pinsapar to the parking).
- Torreon: 5 hours round trip. Strong rise to the top. Same way back. Starting point: 5km from Grazalema on the road towards El Bosque. It is the highest peak in the park with 1654m. Incredible views of the park and surrounding areas. Good chances of seeing ibex and birds of prey.
- Green Throat: 4 to 5 hours round trip with a very steep descent. Same way back. Starting point: 4km from Zahara on the road to Puerto de las Palomas, Grazalema direction. Gorge about 400 meters deep with a huge and beautiful cave at the base. (To reach the observation deck of vultures continue on the narrow path, hidden behind a sign, not down the road to the left toward the throat. The last part is a short climb steep rocky terrain. Respect the signal silence.)
- Llano de Ravel: 3 hours gravel road with little gradient. Same way back. Starting point: Zahara 4.5 km on the road to Puerto de las Palomas, Grazalema direction. It is the easiest itinerary that allows to the entrance of Pinsapar, but does not penetrate inside.
- From 15 June to 15 October, these 4 trails are restricted in their tour fire hazard, which means that some can not be made in part or in full, or it is necessary a hire guides with any of the companies authorized activities.